Where is GOD in a TRAGEDY??

        Last year, one of my teachers and I were talking about our faith. She told me that she used to believe in God, but when things took a turn for the worst, she lost faith. She said she didn't understand how such a great and powerful God could let something so horrible happen to her. I've realized this is why a lot of people don't believe anymore.
        I've actually been wanting to write about this topic for a while, and as I was scrolling through Pinterest, I found some pretty neat scriptures about this. So I'm going to write about them now.
        So where is God in a tragedy? Psalm 23 says "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for in His name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." This chapter is very important to me because it shows that no matter what you are going through, good or bad, God is ALWAYS with you. The underlined parts apply to the idea of a tragedy. You don't have to worry because God has got everything under His control. You lack nothing with Him, you have nothing to fear with Him, and He is always with you.
        I know hard times suck, but sometimes God has to put you through a painful situation to make you change your ways. Jeremiah 29:11 says "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord." God has such a wonderful plan for everyone's life. When He sees you getting off track, He's going to give you a sign to turn you around. And sometimes that sign is painful! Just a little faith and it will all get better! Psalm 56:3 says "When I am afraid, I put my trust in You." No matter what the situation ALWAYS put your trust in God. He can make any situation better.
        If you're going through a tough situation right now, I hope this will help you to keep your faith. I know it's hard to do, especially when you lose what you thought you needed most. But God's plan is greater than our desires. He knows what we need and when we need it. Everything can and will get better. All it takes is a little faith. God loves you and wants the best for you.

Xoxo.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunk

What To Do When You Feel Like Your World Is Falling Apart