From The Ground Up


 

          If you haven't noticed yet, I get a lot of my ideas from seeing things and hearing things.  For example, I was listening to a song on my Country Pandora station and the song "From The Ground Up" by Dan + Shay came on.  Totally not what you would call a Christian song, but what came to mind when I heard it was amazing.  So the song says:

Beside you I'll stand through the good and the bad
We'll give all that we have
And we'll build this love from the ground up

          As I heard these lyrics, my first thought was "Oh, that's like our relationship with God."  Think about "Jack and the Beanstalk" and how the beanstalk grew straight up into the clouds.  We start at the bottom with God and we must build our way up to Him in His spot in Heaven.  Each step we take in the right direction, the closer we get to Him.  
          However, whenever we make mistakes and start walking down the wrong path, we start to get lower and lower on our journey to God and end up digging ourselves a hole that is very hard to get out of.  This hole is NOT the end-- its not a grave no matter how much it might seem like it.  Referring back to the beanstalk, this hole can be used as a spot to plant your seed for God and use that hole to grow closer to Him.  
          God is ALWAYS ready with open arms to take you back in and He will NEVER give up on you no matter how deep of a hole you dig for yourself.  Never give up on getting closer to God and try your best to not fall back on the journey you have already come so far in.  
          My challenge to you is to build your relationship with God from the ground up and always think "How can I get closer to God today?"  You will never regret opening your Bible or devotional even if it's only for a few minutes. 

                 And we'll build this love from the ground up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunk

What To Do When You Feel Like Your World Is Falling Apart